How many people do you know who never make goals or have a plan for their life? They are content to just “allow” life to happen and make the occasional decision but only when absolutely necessary. On the other hand there are others who set goals and live their lives like it’s their last day on the earth. They are the ‘movers and shakers’ of the world.
To live a fearless life based on your decisions to make changes for positive outcomes in your life takes courage, commitment and strategy. Here are 6 ways to live a fearless, independent life.
1. Invest in yourself
- Create the best version of you, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Making a change e.g. losing a few kilos for health reasons, working with a life coach or counselor or joining a meditation group will give you the confidence to take on the next big challenge in life.
2. Invest in your learning
- If you’ve always wanted to learn a language or learn about art or wine appreciation then make the time to enrich your intellect and broaden your interests and relationships at the same time. So take that class, book a ticket or commit to learning something new.
3. Have courage
- When others know your story and see that you have set your own path and followed it, they will be inspired to unleash their own energy. Sometimes it just takes one person with courage to step forward and others will see the possibilities for their own lives.
4. Mentor others
- You have a wealth of knowledge and wisdom that needs to be shared. It is in the mentoring of others that your knowledge and wisdom in your area of expertise is validated and can transform the lives of others. Right here is where you will find that your purpose is central to your passion.
5. Don’t waste time wishing
- Your life is to be lived according to your rules and you will achieve your goals by daring to go for them! “Wishing” has no part in living a purposeful life and making considered strategic decisions will result in actions. Actions will cultivate a fearless, independent life.
6. Make your move
- Be brave and take those actions that will effect change in your life. Have an attitude of “whatever it takes, I will make this happen” and don’t back down. Remember, it’s the small, consistent actions done on a daily basis that will bring about those changes that you most desire. Back yourself to make the changes you need to live a ‘Fearless Life’.